Sunday, October 16, 2005

Teaday

The sunlight is bright and warm outside. It's rays twine through the branches of the maple tree in front of the house and then slowly peep through my window. I am reminded of the childhood fairy tales of walking through the woods, with sunlight peeping through the trees with a little stream running close by. I feel too tempted to pull out a charpai (the Hindi of "Cot") and sleep in the sun, which is not possible both due to lack of "charpai" as well as "sleepiness" (slept like a log last night.. in fact, I think I am becoming a log).

'just had my tea and am on a high! Tea does that to me- it brings that happy-to-do-anything smile to my face, ecstasy to my life. Tea is enchanting, fulfilling and nirvanic, tea is healing and heavenly; simply, tea is the zing thing! . For those who haven't been introduced to the "tradition of tea", you are missing something!